Recently I discovered Seesaw! Up until then, my Year 2 students had created amazing work with their iPads but I had not ventured down the path of social sharing. I want my students to be digitally literate to prepare them for their future and Seesaw is how I am introducing them to this.
Here are the reasons why I like Seesaw:
- It is easy to use.
- Students’ posts require teacher authorisation prior to going live.
- Any posts that are inappropriate can be declined and deleted.
- Students are learning to engage in social networking in a safe and strictly monitored way.
- It is a closed group.
- Seesaw can be used at school and home allowing students to collaborate outside of school hours.
- Upload images as a stimulus prior to learning.
- Uploading documents for students to download prior to class.
- Class reminders.
- Students uploading completed tasks that I can check later and provide feedback on.
- Students uploading work for others to review and give feedback.
Give it a go!